The Tennessee Mining Association is the state’s professional association for individuals in the coal mining, rock and stone mining, equipment supply and professional services fields. Our mission is to educate Tennesseans about the important role our member’s industries play within the state’s economy and provide a unified voice for these industries in Nashville and beyond.
With formal mining associations existing in the state since the turn of the 20th century, the Tennessee Mining Association is proud to continue the traditions of its predecessors in serving the needs of Tennessee’s various land use industries. A strong history, recent legislative successes and an active, dedicated membership continue to propel the Tennessee Mining Association forward.
2014 - 2015 Board of Directors
- Gary Asher, Apollo Fuels
- Keith Dyke, Kopper Glo Fuels
- Johnny Gaertner, Kopper Glo Fuels
- David Hensley, Natural Resource Partners
- John Paul Jones, Alpha Natural Resources
- Ron Justus, Coulter & Justus
- Chuck Laine, Laine Communications
- Tim Slone, IRTEC
- Keith Smith, Alden Natural Resources
- Bill Snodgrass, Middlesboro Mining
- Wes Stowers, Stowers Machinery
- Barry Thacker, Geo/Environmental Associates
- Gary Thrift, Ketchen Land Company